Students are required to hold an initial teacher education qualification (e.g. Bachelor of Education; Master of Teaching). In addition they are required to have successfully completed the following pre-requisite units at TQA level 3 or equivalent:
- Mathematics (MTM415117) And depending upon the science discipline units (2x12.5 units), the will need either:
- Chemistry (CHM415115), or
- Physics (PHYS415115)
If they have not completed these unit(s), the following foundations units will be required study:
- Mathematics Foundation Unit: KMA003.
- Chemistry Foundation Unit (if undertaking the Chemistry specialisation): KRA001, or
- Physics Foundation Unit (if undertaking the Physics specialisation): KYA004.
Foundation units are completed as standalone units - students register to be enrolled in the foundation units online at Foundation and Supported Studies Units.